13 January 2009

Jayden LOVES graham crackers

Jayden has been a new experience for me as far as starting her on baby food. She is 7 months old now and is just beginning to actually eat her baby food; my other 3 all started between 4-6 months and took to it with ease. Jayden did not. It has taken almost 2 months to get her to tolerate the cereals and pureed baby foods. It's frustrating, but funny to watch. I wish I had a video of her, but for a while every bite she took she would either gag and/or make this face that looked like she was sucking a lemon. It was so funny.

The past few days have shown marked improvement (no more gagging). Still, I've noticed that she seems to prefer table foods better, although I'm not quite ready to feed them to her on a regular basis (she's still toothless). Today she grabbed a handful of mac-n-cheese off my plate at lunch and stole a couple of french fries at dinner . . . she liked both very much.

Here's a video of her eating her graham cracker while I cleaned the kitchen this afternoon. I'm not sure what she's doing with her hands . . . trying to make sure the cracker is dead I guess . . . whatever the case it's cute to watch her.

She LOVES graham crackers.

I love this little cutie, dirty face and all.

No comments: