11 August 2008

Our Time in Fort Myers

Our Little Blessing




Jayden (2 months)

On August 3, 2008 Jayden was blessed. It was a beautiful blessing for a beautiful little girl. We were all so excited for Jayden’s special day. Jayden was blessed in the Lehigh Acres ward where Jon’s parents and sisters’ attend church. We are grateful to all of our family and friends who were there; and missed those of you unable to make the trip.



The Sleepover



We had a wonderful time while in Fort Myers visiting with our family (daddy’s side). One of the things I loved most was watching my children playing with their cousins. I love how they are such good friends and are able to pick up where they left off the last time they were together-friends for life.

While we were down there Jonathan and Lauren had a couple of sleepovers; Lauren spent one night at her cousin Cami’s and then another night we had all of the “little” girls (Cami, Riley, and Reagan) spend the night with us at Granny’s and Grampa’s house while Jonathan spent the night with his cousins Bryce and Brandon. I don’t have pictures of the boys . . . I totally slacked on the picture taking and now I’m so bummed! Live and learn I guess, but here are some pictures of the four girls the morning after their sleepover at Granny’s. I spent the morning braiding their hair and loved every minute of it! Lauren doesn’t normally let me braid her hair, but because her cousins wanted their hair braided she let me – YEAH!



Reagan (3), Lauren (4), Riley (6), and Cami (6)

Lauren looks sad because she didn’t want her picture taken. When probed a little more she communicated that she was sad because her braids were not as long as the other girls’; I told her we could let her hair grow out and one day her braids would be long too – that made her happy. I love my sweet, sensitive, beautiful little girl.


A view from behind.



Say “CHEESE!”

One of the kids’ favorite memories was when Dampa (Landon’s version of Grampa) took us to Chuck E. Cheese’s for lunch. Does anyone know what the “E” stands for? I think it stands for “EATS”- you know Chuck EATS Cheese. :) Anyway, it was their first time going and they loved every minute of it!

Here are a few pictures of our very FUN afternoon-



Landon having the “TIME” of his life –pun intended.


Landon and Lauren taking a drive together.


Jonathan, Lauren, and Landon all riding the merry-go-round.



Grampa and Jonathan shooting dinosaurs. Grampa confessed to being a little sick after this game (it moved a lot).




Now we can add Chuck to the list of things Landon is afraid of . . .so that's dogs, birds, and Chuck.




Lauren enjoyed hanging out with Uncle Jordan for a little while.




Jonathan riding the wave runner, he really seemed to like all of the “moving” games.

THANK YOU GRAMPA!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm impressed you got Laurens hair in braid, she has such fine, soft hair. They all look great. I love the shot of Landon, too cute.

Kristin said...

Forgot to say how beautiful Jaden it, such a cutie.