13 March 2009

February

Okay, so it's been over a month since I last posted, but February was the longest month EVER! It started with a fever (Landon), a dental appointment (mine), then vomiting (Jonathan) and a few days later (Lauren on Jon at church!), then colds (everyone but me), sore throats (everyone except Lauren), the Croup (Jonathan and Landon), an ear infection (Jonathan) and an appendectomy (Jon-the day before my birthday!). Seriously, everyday there was at least one sick person in my house and more often than not a couple. Like I said, February was a LOOOOOOOONG month. Still, we survived it and have a few pictures to show for it . . . but I'll warn you they are totally random.

Our first picture highlights one of Jayden's special talents :)

The big kids were so proud of her.



Painting helped us get through the long days/weeks of being stuck at home (because of our sick germs) and inside (it was soooo COLD!).



Next, we have some pictures of my NEW DO . . .

For my birthday I treated myself to a cut and color.

Thanks to a good friend volunteering to take on my four kiddos I was able to keep my hair appointment (scheduled on my birthday) despite Jon being laid up. As you can see it is a huge change, but I'm lovin' it. Lauren was so excited when she saw me . . . the first thing she said was "we're twins now!" The hair pictures taken below are courtesy of my sweet Lauren-good pics, Sweetie!


Oh and Happy Birthday to ME!



It was the BIG 3-0! And while it went nothing like I planned (ice-skating with the kids and dinner out with Jon) it was the best birthday ever!


Because of Jon's surgery I let the kids take care of the preparations for my birthday-they were so EXCITED!



A special thanks to Target for the cake (selected by Lauren and Landon), my kids for the cutest/funniest card (picked out ALL by themselves-I pointed them in the right direction and just hoped they ended up with a "birthday" card) my friend Amy for watching the kids last minute so I could keep my much anticipated hair appointment, Paula at CityLooks for doing my hair, and Green Mill for delivering a yummy dinner, and of course Jon for having his emergency appendectomy the day BEFORE my birthday so that he could be home with us to celebrate. :)

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry, I wish I knew, I wish I could have helped, I love the hair, sooooo cute. Hope you had a good birthday, dispite all the trouble.

[BrookeO] said...

I had no idea!!!!
Argh! I should be a better friend!!!

So sorry!

LINDSAY said...

thanks kristin and brooke, you are both so sweet. my birthday was GREAT! and as far as our disease ridden house- there wasn't much anyone else could do. and what could be done was :) it was a hard month, but we were very blessed and it is over now (hooray!).

Jill said...

Happy birthday! Poor Jon and poor you! Glad to hear everyone's getting better. Cute hair too!

Shannon said...

linds-i am loving the hair, the twin comment, the pinkalicious party, that nose bubble and everything else! your kids are growing way too fast.....i'll email you about the cleanse...it's hard the first day or two and then it gets better.

Ashlea said...

Happy Birthday, Lindsay, and you look absolutely gorgeous with your new do...I love it! That was so cute of Lauren to comment on you two being twins. I can see where she is coming from. Too Cute!! And Jayden in getting so big; I couldn't believe it was her when I saw the pics. They grow up so so fast! What a great wife/Mommy you are for taking over your birthday with such joy in just being with your fam. Oh Happy Days!!

Alicia said...

Love the new hair!! You look amazing! Loved the bubble in the nose that was priceless.. wow what a crazy month of February... miss you lots... you all look great what a beautiful family. big hugs!

Alicia said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!