13 March 2009

Birthday Celebrations!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!
Wednesday, March 11th was Lauren's 5th Birthday! It was the coldest day of March so far with a high of 11 (how appropriate) although it never felt that warm thanks to the wind.
We had a simple family celebration . . .
the boys helped me bake/decorate her cake (she picked white cake with pink frosting) It's tradition that the birthday girl gets to pick the meal . . . whatever she wants. With the sky the limit here is what we ate. Yum :)

A special card fit for a princess

Daddy helped her assemble the crown . . . :) she's daddy's little girl.

Lauren loves Fancy Nancy and for her birthday Jonathan picked out a Fancy Nancy trunk full of dress-up stuff. She loves it! Here she is getting ready for mom to light the candles on her cake; with five candles it's going to get pretty bright so she's wearing the sunglasses too.



"PINKALICIOUS" PLAYGROUP
I opted not to throw a kid party for Lauren this year, but I did host our playgroup here on Friday the 13th. In honor of her birthday we had a "Pinkalicious Playgroup" and baked/decorated pink cupcakes just like in the book. We also read the books Pinkalicious and Purplicious. It was a fun morning and Lauren really enjoyed celebrating with her friends.
I was so busy with the girls that I spaced taking pictures, still I snapped a few once I remembered (at the end!).
Here's my very own "Pinkalicious"
Here are all of the girls (and Landon) wearing their "pinkalicious" aprons! Aren't they cute?
And while I missed the girls decorating . . . the aftermath was still waiting for me when they were gone :) Good times!


10 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

My girls had THE BEST TIME!!!!
Mind if I snatch that picture up?!!!

Thanks again you always go above and beyond and I love it!!

xo

LINDSAY said...

snatch away! i love having the girls over and making fun memories.

[BrookeO] said...

its up on my blog.
Thank you!

Jill said...

I want a girl so I can have a pretty pink party! Very cute!

Shannon said...

lindsay...what is your email address? is it still the prinzlins@aol one?

Elise said...

Linds... LOVE the new hair. You always look fabulous, but a fun change is always nice! I heard about the pink party, and it was a hit with everyone: ) You are such a great mom and welcome to the 3rd decade!!!

Shellie said...

I can't believe it has taken me so long to get around to thanking you for the pink party...Hailey had a blast! And the aprons are ADORABLE. You are amazing! Thanks again :)

Alicia said...

what a way cute party... I can't belive lauren is 5... my goodness time is just flying by. We can't wait for you to move back to warm sunny florida... we miss you and love you... great party mom!

Anonymous said...

Im no suprised at all that Lauren is a daddy's girl, b,c Jocelyn is a daddys girl 100%. Its cute to see them interact. I love the book pinkalicous and purplealicious. They are great. The aprons are just darling and are fit for any princess... Happy Birthday Lauren.

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

if you send me your email address I will get the info to you about couponing! It takes soe time and effort but makes a huge difference!