28 October 2008

First Day of School

Jonathan began his first day of kindergarten on October 1st. He was so cute, he woke up and got in the shower all by himself took a 20 minute shower and whistled the Star Wars theme song the whole time. Once he was dressed he came upstairs for breakfast, etc., etc. When it was time to go we said a prayer together and I walked him to the bus stop. At one point I started to feel a little teary . . . my baby was starting kindergarten, but I kept it together as I watched how excited he was to go. Here are some pictures taken that morning.

When he got home he received a special phone call from Daddy . . . :)



Lauren also began her preschool on the 1st and couldn't wait to go, but by the time I dropped her off the excitement had worn off and she was fit to be tied (thanks Wendy for your help) . . . she does this to me constantly . . . , but once I'm gone she is fine. When she came home that afternoon she was thrilled with her day-HOORAY!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a good mom you are, getting teary eyed and all, I'm always doing the happy dance this time of year. Poor Lauren looks so sad, glad to hear she was happy when you picked her up.